Volunteering, Whats in it for you?
What we can offer you
We can offer you ... varied and interesting opportunities to work with like-minded people in various fields, for example:
- Curating the collection.
- Working with a team to catalogue and care for the museum’s Collection. this involves accepting new objects into the collection, cataloguing objects and checking on the condition of the collection as well as helping to create new exhibitions.
- Helping to create a digital record of the collection.
- Acting as a Steward when the museum is open to the public.
- Helping maintain our listed 17th Century home and enhancing our garden.
- Helping plan and publicise events.
- Social and fund raising events
To find out more about these opportunities simply click on the links, and to volunteer fill in the application form and send it to :
Castle Donington Museum, The Stone House, 4 Apiary Gate, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2JA
Volunteers can be involved with any or all of these activities and, where required, training is provided, either ‘in house’ or through attending training days arranged by the East Midlands Museum Services or the Leicestershire Museum Forum.
Meet new people
Learn new skills – share your existing skills
Interact with visitors as a Steward
Volunteering is rewarding and confidence building
If you are looking for employment, volunteering/work experience will help to build up your C.V.
Whether you are 18 or 80, you will find something of interest in what we do.
What we do